Dorothy kindly provided this recipe after bringing a lemon flavoured yoghurt cake to one of our meetings!
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
A simple loaf cake recipe using a 150ml yoghurt carton to measure ingredients. The flavour can be adapted depending on what flavour yoghurt is used.
- 1 x 150ml carton of yoghurt (any flavour)
- 1 x 150ml carton of vegetable oil
- 2.5 x 150ml carton of caster sugar
- 3 x 150ml carton of self raising flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 lemon, grated rind and half the juice.
- 3 beaten eggs
- Preheat the oven to 150-160degrees.
- Pour the yoghurt into a mixing bowl and use the carton to measure the vegetable oil, self raising flour and caster sugar.
- Add in the baking powder, eggs, lemon rind and lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients well until a smooth batter consistency is reached.
- Grease and line 1 x 2lb loaf tin or 2 x 1lb loaf tins and add in the batter to the tins.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes
- Leave to cool before icing (optional). You can use the unused lemon half for decoration.
- Banana is another good flavour to try.
Let's Bake Inverness http://www.letsbakeinverness.co.uk/