This delicious cake was made by Grace for the February 2015 “Free From” Let’s Bake Inverness meeting. It’s a gluten free bake.
Italian Lemon Rice Cake
A cheesecake-like bake, gluten free!
- 1 litre milk
- a pinch of salt
- 200g arborio or pudding rice
- 1 vanilla pod
- 60g dried fruit
- 50ml alcohol (I've tried rum, ginger wine and lemoncello)
- 140g sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 60g butter
- 3 eggs
- Lemon juice
- Bring milk to boil and add rice, vanilla pod and salt.
- Simmer gently for 30mins until the milk is absorbed.
- Soak the dried fruit in the alcohol.
- Remove the vanilla pod and stir in sugar, lemon zest, butter, fruit and alcohol.
- Beat the eggs until light and foamy. Add gradually to the rice mixture.
- Pour into baking tin which has been greased and lined, and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 160'C for about 40mins
Let's Bake Inverness http://www.letsbakeinverness.co.uk/